Check Venue Off the List!

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

As I mentioned previously, I knew that I wanted to have my wedding on my Granddad's farm long before Abe proposed. Growing up, the farm was such a special place for my cousins and me. We would spend long summer days swimming and walking through the woods that surround the property. As a family, we have celebrated countless birthdays and holidays in the old brick house that we now all consider Home. 


Spending summertime on the farm with my cousins and sister was always fun!
In May 2014 we threw a baby shower for my sister at the house!

This past weekend we were finally able to visit my Granddad and ask him if we could get married on the property next October. He immediately said yes and told us how excited he was that we wanted to have our day there. We plan on telling the rest of my family next week at Thanksgiving and I hope that they will be as excited as we are to have a big party on the farm!

In other news, finding a photographer is currently my largest stressor. While doing research, I have found that I want a professional photographer that will be there day of, quietly snapping away, getting candid and in the moment photos that I will cherish forever. I've searched high and low, all over Louisville and Lexington and am running into issues over availability and budget. Some that I love are already booked and others are so outrageously priced that I can't understand how anyone has enough money budgeted to book them! To me, photography is one of the most important things to splurge on for the big day since after the party is over, photos will be the things that last forever! So the search for the perfect photographer continues...





No comments:

Post a Comment