I SAID YES TO THE DRESS!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

On Valentine's Day Lindy, my Mom, and I went to La Grange, KY to visit The Couture Closet and look at wedding gowns! I can't say enough good things about The Couture Closet. It's a beautiful store in the quaint town of La Grange. Each appointment is set up so there will only be one bride there at a time. The dresses are displayed on the wall on wooden hangers instead of being put on a rack. By doing this each dress is really allowed to shine!

When we arrived, they had Valentine's Day cookies for us to munch on while looking around the store. I described what I liked to the assistant and she pulled the perfect dress. I was in love immediately! We chose a few other dresses and then went to the dressing room. I tried on the dress I was in love with first and I instantly knew that it was the one. I couldn't stop grinning as I walked out of the dressing room and to the couches where my Mom and Lindy were sitting. I couldn't take my eyes off of the dress. It was perfect and beautiful!!

I walked around the store looking at myself in each mirror (I really didn't want to take it off!). Just to make sure that it was The One, I tried on four more dresses. These dresses were all pretty, but none was better than the first dress. We decided that I should put back on the first dress and when I walked out and they put a veil on me I knew that it was what I had been looking for. I'm not an emotional person, but I almost shed a tear as I looked in the mirror. Everyone agreed that I was glowing and that it was perfect. We put down a deposit and it should be delivered to the store by May. After that I have 3 fittings scheduled to do any alterations and then it's all mine!


These were taken right after I'd been measured. Couldn't get the smile off my face!

After saying yes, getting measured and ordering my gown, we headed next door for a celebratory drink and some lunch!


It was such a wonderful day! I was so worried that I wouldn't find a dress, or that I wouldn't have the feeling you should get when you know it's the one. I was almost sure that I would have to settle for a dress that I liked but didn't love. Luckily we made the trek out to La Grange on a snowy, windy and cold Valentine's Day and found me the perfect dress!



Any Kentucky brides looking for a gown, GO to The Couture Closet. You won't be disappointed!!






1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you finally said yes to the dress! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete