How I Asked My Maids

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

After I decided on the 5 girls that I wanted to be in our wedding, it was time to start brainstorming ideas for cute and thoughtful ways to pop the question! My mom had given me some "Will you be my _____" cards from Ashley Brooke Designs about 3 years ago that I had been hoarding away, and I was so excited to pull them out and use them!


In addition to the cards, I got each girl a mini bottle of champagne, a straw, a swatch of ribbon in the colors of our wedding and a ring pop. I tied the ribbon around the champagne and put all of the gifts in a little Chinese take out box!



I then met up with each girl individually and told them how important they were to me and then asked them to not plan anything on October 3, 2015! They all said yes and I couldn't be more happy! 

Now it's time to start investigating fabric colors and types for the bridesmaids dresses. I requested a few swatches from J. Crew so I could see how the navy compares to the image in my mind about what I would like them to wear. I know I want them all in the same dress and I'm thinking short dresses as opposed to long since it could still be very hot in early October. 

This past weekend was a really fun and I'll be sure to blog about it in my next post! I'm checking things off my to-do list and it feels really great to get things done! 


And for those fellow cat lovers out there, here is an outtake of Olive (my kitty) helping me take pictures :)









No comments:

Post a Comment